New York is Announcing New VC Funds – Boulder?Posted: February 2, 2010
Boulder has a thriving startup scene, some would say as vibrant as anyplace in the US. Using New Tech Boulder as a point of reference let’s review:
- Boulder has had as many startups present as New York, Silicon Valley and San Francisco over the past 3 years.
- New Tech Boulder’s rate of growth is on par with these cities and actually leads SF.
- We have standout Web companies:
- OneRiot, Lijit, many others
- We have an incubator/mentor program
- We have exits
Seems like the community is doing its part, so where are the VC’s? New York and the Valley seem to be announcing new funds focused on New Tech every month, but Boulder has not made much noise since David Cohen announced his fund last year.